Meet the famous and handsome Nick Baumgartner, he is not just an awesome Snowboarder, he is an X Games Gold Medalist and we will tell you so much more that you would love to know about him, so check out his biography, other snowboarders’ photos and a cool video provided below.
Well Scottie Lago is not the only one with an overwhelming performance despite his injuries. Sure Lago won with a broken jaw, but our friend Nick just recently broke his collarbone, went into surgery after that awful accident he had in Copper Mountain, Colorado, he still managed to win his gold meal at the Winter X Games, Kevin Hill in 2nd, Holland in 3rd, and Seth Wescott in 4th. Congratulations to Nick Baumgartner for his Snowboarder X Games Gold Medal, a great way to make his comeback!!
* He was born in Iron River, Michigan on December 17, 1981, making this his age 29 years old.
* He studied at West Iron County High School in Iron County, Michigan and later to Northern Michigan University where he became the 2000 Michigan State Champ and All American Wrestler.
* Growing up in Michigan meant lots of extreme sports for Nick, snowboarding struck him ever since he was a little boy, but he also enjoyed beach volleyball, mountain biking, wakeboarding, football, mountain boarding, golf, softball, and even demolition derby.
* In 2004 he finished first at the U.S Extreme Boarderfest in Colorado and also at the USASA Nationals in NM.
* In 2007 he won again at the US Snowboarding Championships at Tamarack, ID and second in Stoneham, Canada at the FIS World Cup.
* In 2008 he won the first place at the FIS World Cup in Lake Placid, New York and third at the JEEP 48 Straight in Squaw Valley, California.
* In 2009 he won two second places at the FIS World Cup in Valmalenco, Italy and at the FIS World Cup in LaMolina, Spain, two third places at the Grand Prix in Borel, California and at the FIS World Snowboarding Championships in Gangwon, Korea.
* Baumgartner started 2010 with an 11th place at the FIS World Cup in Stoneham, Canada, 3rd at the FIS World Cup in Veysonnaz, Switzerland, 8th at the FIS World Cup in Bad Gastein, Austria, 6th at he FIS World Cup in Valmalenco, Italia and more recently finished 17th at the FIS World Cup in Telluride, Colorado. Nick made it onto the snowboarding Olympic Team in Vancouver.
* What about his personal life, there are no signs of a girlfriend for the moment but we found that Nick is the proud father of his gorgeous son Landon.
This gold medal at the Winter X Games makes just a perfect way to start 2011 and hopefully this is the first one of many. Congrats again and Good Luck Mate!! Would you like to send Nick Baumgartner a message? Check out his videos below.
Note** The snowboarders in these pictures are not Nick Baumgartner.