Do you know who Antonio de La Rua is? Certainly you do, music fans or soccer fans you can relate to his super famous girlfriend Shakira, or is it ex-girlfriend? Rumors are been saying that he might have allegedly cheated on her and they split up after so many years together. Keep reading to know about that plus check out Antonio’s Biography, photos and video after the jump.
If you are Latino, you have known Antonio de la Rua’s girlfriend ever since she started her career as a singer quite some time ago, if you aren’t Latino but a fab music fan, you know know her when she made her international debut and for all of you sports fans she became an icon at the 2006 World Cup and once again at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, either way we all have fallen in love with her charisma, beautiful smile and her hips. When we saw her next to Rafael Nadal in her music video Gypsy, rumors said they were more than just good friends, but those rumors vanished rapidly as both were seen crazy in love in the company of their long time love partners, in her case Antonio has been a constant and long time companion that we have all have gotten used to seeing her with, but today media said we might not be seeing these two together anymore as they have reportedly broken up, what happened?
Before we get into that let’s fill you in with Mr. de La Rua’s short Biography.
* On February 26th, 1973 Antonio de la Rúa Pertiné was born in Cordoba, Argentina.
* His parents are Ines Pertine and former Argentinean President Fernando de La Rua (1999-2001), he was two siblings Fernando and Agustina.
* After he graduated from Law School he became an important key for the success his father’s presidential campaign obtained.
* He also founded Sushi Group where several young people initiated a political group that was severely criticized and even pointed him as responsible for promoting a repression.
* His Sushi Group created a campaign that stopped the government expenses during presidential campaigns that began three months before election, to begin just a week before election.
* In 2000 he started dating his famous Colombian singer girlfriend.
* In 2006 he founded ALAS where great names like Mexican singers like Julieta Venegas Fher from the band Mana, Thalia, Alejandro Fernandez, Spanish Alejandro Sanz, David Bisbal, Ana Torroja, Juan Luis Guerra, Calle 13, Don Omar, Daddy Yankee, his girlfriend and fellow Argentinean Diego Torres and Gustavo Ceratiplus, Michael Stipe (R.E.M) and Wyclef Jean joined forces with ALAS (aka America Latina en Acción Solidaria), but what makes this organization strong are the great Business names in charge of this amazing non profit organization in charge of the Early Child development all over the Latin American region, these names are Colombian magnate, and Avianca airlines owner Alejandro Santo Domingo, Mexican businessman and one of Latin America’s richest men Carlos Slim, Panama businessman and director of COPA Airlines Stanley Motta and Gabriel Garcia Márquez as their president.
And now back to his personal life. So ever since he became Shakira’s boyfriend they have been photographed together all over the globe, rumors about them getting married or even he allegedly cheating on her have been heard, not nothing has been proven true. On January 2011 sadly it was reported that they decided to split up after 11 years together in fact they have been split up since August, the news was confirmed by her.
During our almost 11 years together we have loved each other deeply, taken care of each other and stood by one another. They have been the most wonderful years of our lives, and thanks to that love and the respect that we share for one another we have been an exceptional couple and partners.
However, since August 2010, we made a mutual decision to take time apart from our romantic relationship. Throughout this time we have continued to work together hand in hand, have remained close and have kept the details absolutely private until now.
We view this period of separation as temporary and as a time of individual growth as we continue to be partners in our business and professional lives.
Antonio continues to oversee and conduct my business and career interests as he has always done. We move forward as partners, developing projects together, working hand in hand and in close communication. Our friendship and understanding of one another is unwavering and indestructible.
We would like to advise that we will not be giving interviews or making more statements with respect to this matter and we appreciate in advance your understanding and respect during this sensitive time in our lives.
Shakira and Antonio
It is really sad since they looked amazingly great together, but let’s hope this decision is the best choice for their lives, we wish them the best. What do you think about this story? Would you like to send them a message? Check out the photos and videos below.
Photos: www.wenn.com/ Doug Meszler, Chris Connor