After waiting anxiously so long for the names of the players getting awarded with the Gold Gloves on 2010 at the National and American Baseball Leagues, they have been revealed and we have the results. Check who were the lucky ones, give us your thoughts, picks and check the photos and video below.
The Gold Glove is the short name most fans call it, not that they don’t know that the actual name is Rawlings Gold Glove Awards, created each year by Rawlins, the famous sports manufacturer company founded in 1887. The company created tons of sports equipment but it is their 18 Gold Gloves specially made for the MLB Gold Glove awards that has given them their status in Baseball. 18 Gloves for 18 outstanding, talented and awesome baseball players that has given throughout that year the best of their own individual positions that has driven reporters, media and fans insane.
At the National League we have seen that over the years certain players that have been awarded year after year like “Willie” Mays Jr. (NY Giants, SF Giants and NY Mets) the famous center fielder was awarded 11 times in a row starting in 1957 through 1968. Another 11 time Gold Glove recipient was Roberto Clemente, Pirates Right Fielder, NY Mets First Baseman Keith Hernandez received 10, 12 Gloves for the Cardinals’ short stop Ozzie Smith and 17 for Greg Maddux, Chicago Cubs’ pitcher. While at the American League Brooke Robinson, Baltimore Orioles 3rd baseman got 15, Roberto Alomar 2nd baseman received 11, amd13 for the Washington Nationals’ catcher Ivan Rodriguez.
Here are the 2010 National League Gold Gloves Awards winners.
* 1st. Base Albert Pujols (St. Louis Cardinals).
* 2nd. Base Brandon Phillips (Cincinatti Reds)
* 3rd Base Scott Rolen (Cincinatti Reds).
* Shortstop Troy Tulowitzki (Colorado Rockies).
* Left Fielder Carlos Gonzalez (Colorado Rockies).
* Center Fielder Michael Bourn (Houston Astros).
* Outfielder Shane Victorino (Philadelphia Phillies).
* Catcher Yadier Molina (St. Louis Cardinals).
* Pitcher Bronson Arroyo (Cincinnati Reds).
And the American League Gold Gloves Winners:
* 1st. Baseman Mark Teixeira (NY Yankees).
* 2nd Baseman Robinson Canó (NY Yankees)
* 3rd. Baseman Evan Longoria (Tampa Bay Rays).
* Shortstop Derek Jeter (NY Yankees).
* Left Fielder Carl Crawford(ex Tampa Devil Rays now Free agent).
* Center Fielder Franklin Gutiérrez (Seattle Mariners).
* Outfielder Ichiro Suzuki (Seattle Mariners).
* Catcher Joe Mauer (Minnesota Twins).
* Pitcher Mark Buehrle (Chicago White Sox).
Some said that they had no clue some of these players were any good, even posted stories asking was Arizona robbed, there also are fans that were happy to see the first Rockies getting the prestigious Glove, others talked about the three Cincinnati Reds players getting awarded, while in the American league Mauer was applauded by getting his second Glove and commented that Jeter and Ichiro were in the lead. Either way the results are final, what do you think about them? Who do you think should have won? Who do you think shouldn’t have?’ Check the Photos and video below.