Former Olympic Figure Skater Tara Lipinski was America’s Sweetheart, she retired from the sport when she was still very young, but just recently she made her comeback, but what happened not long ago concerning her in a car wreck? Who is she dating? What has she been doing? Keep reading to know all the details about her from her biography here plus check out Tara’s photos and video below.
Tara Lipinski was the center of attention in a car wreck in July, allegedly, just recently TMZ reported the story under Fender Bender and described that Bryan Fuller is suing Tara for crashing into him with her car causing him a list of injuries, his car damages making a total of something close to $8,000, but he didn’t get a dime since the judge didn’t buy his story, so our girl Tara is free of charge, so now we can go on into her Biography.
* Tara Kristen Lipinski Brozyniak was born on June 10, 1982 making her 28 years old in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
* Her mom is Patricia and her father is Jack Lipinski a former lawyer and oil business man, it was due to his work that Tara was constantly relocating from New Jersey to Texas, but it was her skating training that moved her from Delaware where she trained with Jeff di Gregorio to Michigan where she trained with Richard Callahan who was allegedly accused of Sexual Misconduct by a former student then assistant coach Craig Maurizi who after firing Callahan was hired as her new coach.
* By age 8 she won the second place at the 1990 regional championship and first at the 1991 United States Roller Skating Championships.
* At 12 years old she won the 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival competition, at thirteen she placed second at the 1995 United States Figure Skating Championships in Providence, Rhode Island.
* At fourteen she won the third place at the 1996 U.S. Championships that same year she did a memorable maneuver when she did a Rittberger jump aka loop jump at the 1996 U.S. Postal Challenge, the jump that made her performance memorable would be the same jump that would cause a series of hip injuries.
* In 1997 she won the World Championships and U.S championships. 4th at the 1998 U.S Nationals and was named the 1997 Female Athlete of the Year by the U.S Olympic committee.
* In 1998 she participated in the Winter Olympics in Nagano, Japan where she won her first and only gold medal in the Ladies’ singles event she was the among the 5th American athletes to take the gold home plus the sixth medal won by the U.S Ice hockey Team.
* After the Olympics her hip injuries began to slow her down and even went into surgery in September 2000 a year after she commented she might be retiring at age 16 in order to spend more time with her family and focus on her college studies.
* Between 1999 and 2002 she was a guest at many television series like 7th Heaven, Veronica’s Closet, The Young and the Restless, plus she also starred in the 1999 film Vanilla Sky along with Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise.
* From 2000 to 2002 she continued to skate, her last year on the ice was 2002, she never retired officially but recently commented that her hip had nothing to do with her decision of staying off the ice.
* In 2006 she was inducted in the Figure Skating Hall Of Fame at age 24.
* About her romantic life we know that in 2005 she was engaged to her long time beau Alex Kapranos (Franz Ferdinand’s lead singer and guitarist), then it was rumored that she and Dax Shepard were dating, but nothing was confirmed.
* Early this moth it was reported that Tara Lipinski will be a sports commentator.
We know that she lives in L.A and skating or not she still is considered one of the hottest figure skaters in the World, What do you think? Check her photos and video below.
Photos: www.wenn.com/ Jodi Cortes, Dimitri Halkidis