The list is out! Penn State top party school this year? I’m afraid not. Find out who topped the list this year plus see more photos and video below.
Can’t you just hear the administration’s sigh of relief over at Penn State? Top party school is not a distinction that they would really like to be known for, so they can rest easy.
1. University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
2. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
3. Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
4. West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
5. University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
6. University of Texas, Austin, Texas
7. University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
8. University of California-Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California
9. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
10. DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana
I find it interesting that both of my brothers attended schools in the Top 10 – one at Penn State, the other at WVU. Hmmmmm. That was in the 90′s so I’m sure they weren’t partying as hard as these kids are now. Heh heh, yeah right.
The third place ranking of Penn State saw the school fall two places, as they were named the #1 party school last year. Geoff Rushton, a spokesperson for the University, had this to say about the list:
“It’s not something we worry about or take very seriously. You can talk about issues of students having fun and that’s fine, but when it comes to rankings like these, ultimately they’re meaningless popularity contests.”
On the flip side, from a student’s perspective, Lauren McGinnis, a senior at PSU, told the Altoona Mirror, “If my GPA is above average and I’m at a school known for partying, it shows that I have good time management and that I work harder as well as party harder than students at other schools.”
So Penn State’s top party school ranking fell a couple notches, no biggie…PARTY ON!
Check out more photos plus a video below.
Penn State Top Party School Last Year
Photos: Wikipedia.org/Nathaniel C. Sheetz/Robert J. La Verghetta