Robert Green is England’s goalkeeper, sadly for him on their match against the USA he was the one who evened things up for the Americans. Check out the rest of this story plus take a look at the photos and video below.
On the second day at the South Africa World Cup It was England vs USA to give fans what they were expecting, one of the best matches of their lives.
Steven Gerrard was the hero this time for England when in the first quarter he scored a beautiful goal, Fabio Capello, who in his own particular way showed his excitement, satisfied with his team’s performance. Little did he know that it would be one of his guys who was goalkeeper to be England’s executioner who wanted to join Argentina as one of the first teams to win at the 2010 World Cup.
Just a few minutes before the first quarter ended Clint Dempsey fired a shot not exactly a killer one, but it aimed directly inside the score zone, luckily England’s Goalkeeper Robert Green stopped or so he thought he did but not entirely as he managed to slow it down from getting directly on the score zone. It slipped from his gloves and rolled directly inside and Green wasn’t unable to stop the naughty Jabulani from getting USA one of one with England.
As the Americans celebrate, England was in shock that later turn to anger, many wondered if Fabio Capello did right to choose West Ham’s Robert Green over Portsmouth David James and also if Green should continue to be England’s goalkeeper. What do you think should he?
A little Biography on Robert Green.
- Robert Paul Green was born in Chertsey, England on January 18, 1980 so he is 30 years old.
- When he was 12 years old he started to play with Norwich City (1992-96). When he was old enough he joined Norwich’s senior league where he stayed until 2006.
- In 2006 he signed a four year deal with West Ham, he made the debut with his new team in October.
- In February, 2008 he was named West Ham Hammer of The Year.
- He was a runner for the West Ham Hammer of the Year Award again in 2009.
- He made his debut with England’s National Team in 2004, again as a substitute Goalie in 2005 against Colombia.
- He was selected to join England at the 2006 World Cup, but an injury to his groin left him out and was later replaced by Scott Carson.
- In 2007 he joined his team on the England “B” vs. Estonia and Brazil.
- On June 20th, 2008 he raised money for the African Medical and Research Foundation (AMREF) by climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- He was chosen as starter goalkeeper by Fabio Capello in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
If Robert Green will or will not continue to be England’s goalkeeper is uncertain, I guess we will have to wait for their next game. Take a look at Robert Green’s photos and video below.
Robert Green Pictures
Robert Green Video
Photos: Wikipedia.org/Paul Blank/egghead06