Here are the following “truths” in regards to Philadelphia sports:
1. We always choke in the end. No major championship since 1983. What are the odds?
2. We will drive our superstars away or make them miserable while they are in Philly. See Lindros, Iverson, Barkley, Chamberlain, Reggie White, Dick Allen and Mike Schmidt for just a few examples.
3. The Eagles will not win a Super Bowl but we will be a finalist in the “Cap Bowl” which means that we will be in the bottom three in spending every year. Yea!
4. Donovan McNabb will laugh a lot on the side lines. This would be fine if only he would stop throwing up (literally) on the field in big games. See the Super Bowl versus the Patriots for just one example.
5. Andy Reid will continue to believe that he does not need quality outside linebackers or kick off or punt returners with actual speed. Hey, Jeff Lurie can pocket the money that is saved. God knows the guy was a bust as a movie maker in Hollywood.
6. The Phillies annonymous ownership, also known as the gang of 13, will bury their heads in the sand and refuse to spend the necessary dollars to bring a championship to Philly. See #2 for the future of Ryan Howard and Chase Utley.
7. Ed Snider, the owner of the Sixers and Flyers (actually it is Comcast but Snider is out front) will trade in for a new blonde every 10 years. You gotta love the guy!
8. The cities best team, the Philadelphia Charge, a women’s pro soccer team folded three years ago. They were more entertaining than the Sixers or Flyers.
9. The Flyers announcers will still be blaming the officials for every loss. The fact that they suck will be conveniently overlooked.
10. The msm will run at least 2 expose’s per year on the “terrible” behavior of the Philadelphia fans. I have 2 words for them – English Soccer.
2 bowl games have been played so far, and so far I have collected a chunk-o-cash on both of them. Let’s hope the trend continues Fri., Dec.22 @ 8pm on ESPN, when Rice takes on Troy in the New Orleans Bowl (if they can drain the water by then)and unless you’re mad at your money, take the time to take a peek at Joe’s Bowl Game Picks: Show Me The Money Edition. The updated pick for todays game will magically appear at the top of the page @ 3pm ET, that’s high noon for those of you on the left coast.